11.15.2003

Review(s): By The Grace Of God, Carnivore, Champion, China The Beautiful, Damage Control, Deathwish, ErrorType: 11

By The Grace Of God - For The Love Of Indie Rock: Two years ago, By The Grace Of God would have been my new favorite band. Now, they just seem derivative and boring. Though, I can't help but shake the instinct that there's something different, even special, about them.

Carnivore - Retaliation: Metal with song names like: Angry Neurotic Catholics, Suck My Dick, Jesus Hitler and Word Wars III And IV. Need I say more?

Champion - Count Our Numbers: Hardcore has fallen out of my favor, save for the truely unique. Champion is not unique. (Points for the AIAC cover though)

China The Beautiful - Demo Songs: I forget how I found out about this band, but I'm glad I did. I cannot wait to see what they do next.

Damage Control - Can't Keep Us Down: Why didn't anyone tell me that Youth of Today was reforming under the name Damage Control? Better yet, why did they decide to get less talented?

Deathwish - Tailgate: "Not bad, not really memorable" says http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/dthw.htm. I concur.

ErrorType: 11 - Amplified To Rock: Rumor has it that Walter Schreifels and Artie Shepherd disbanded World's Fastest Car for "creative difference" leaving Artie to form ErrorType: 11 and Walter to form Rival Schools. Well, if you listen to this record and United By Fate back to back, the only possible "creative differences" there could have been was wether the toilet paper goes over the top or under the bottom.

No comments: