10.09.2004

Review(s): Lauryn Hill, The Hives, Betchadupa, Green Day, Brian Wilson, Cave In x3

Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill: I understand why it is so praised, but it just doesn't do it for me.

The Hives - Tyrannosaurus Hives: Did you like Veni, Vidi, Vicious? (yes) Do you like The Clash? (yes) You'll like this. (I do)

Betchadupa - 3DEP/Betchadupa/Flying Nun Comp Tracks/Sleepy News/Supa Day: If this is the best that Australia has to offer, we might as well blow Australia up (after we rescue Matt Billingsly).

Green Day - American Idiot: More than I ever expected from a Green Day album, but less than I expect out of a truely amazing album. It is very solid and I will be purchasing it and I will be listening to it again.

Brian Wilson - SMiLE: Everything you'd want and wouldn't want in an album that took 35 years to complete. Far too many layers of texture to adequately judge on a single listen.

Cave-In - Antenna: Take away all the distortion, layering, pyschadelia and inovation of The Mars Volta and you'd have this.

Cave-In - Until Your Heart Stops: I appreciate the initiative of trying to do something more with the genre of metal, but I don't appreciate it when it's LAME.

Cave-In - Epicenter/Botch Split/Tides Of Tomorrow:I cannot stand the vocal delivery of this band whatsoever.