3.07.2006

Review: Chas Mtn - Hugs

Chas Mtn - Hugs: Of the sixteen tracks, there are about six actual songs. The rest just seem to be foundations for songs yet to be made. Because of so few songs, the album is inconsistent and had to get enjoy.

  • Stream Fly Over The City, Deep Safety and Leveled Mez
  • Purchase for $11.19 (out April 25)
  • 5 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    this collective of sweet dudes brings a collective sweet vibe. in fact so consitent and collective It makes me feel like keith david in Req for a dream. "I know it's pretty baby." I believe it was Dakota Tractor who was quoted saying "chas mtn.. yea yea yea I'm already there, this shit is epic."

    Anonymous said...

    its all about chas mtn after a night of sweet vibes. I think it was Mike Tractor who also said, "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!" That is what Chas Mtn is about. Yeahs and sweet dudes. I saw Chas Mtn and I was high on a vile of acid and a handful of shrooms. I think there were 3 dudes in bunny outfits. No, that was all in me head. Anywhoo, I met them after for some IPAs and spacecake. We then went to the milk bar and started beating up bums and prostitutes. I think Keith David was with us. Gary War was like 10 feet tall. Tiny Kandy was there too ghost riding the whip. Iceberg was on the mic with a bunch of hot asian girls and lipstick lesbians. To make a long story longer...Chas Mtn rules and next time I see them...Im going to show them my secret sauce.

    Anonymous said...

    yeah yeah yeah
    "what kinda sick joke is this"-Tractor Beam
    Chas Mtn is kinda like getting bit by iceberg's iguana in the ghetto of scottsdale.

    Anonymous said...

    'smells like almonds' is a great b side to the 'fly over the city' tape/maxi/laserdisc single. I was down @ musicland partying in the dj booth with kid capri, dude was spinning the shit out of it, like kswiss but better.

    Anonymous said...

    tnt on the mic
    "its all about the benjamins"-Gary War after some green backpacks
    Gary War was born in a small town outside of Nepal called Tractorland. There, he met Mike Tractornator, a man born with a geetar. Mike taught Gary everything he knew from neh neh neh neh neh neh neh ne to sweet sweet mary. Then, Gary had to leave because the Nepalese government wanted to make him a god. Gary War was chanted throughout the opium dens of Kashmir and Suri Suri Bim Bim. Shortly thereafter, Gary War became a demigod and Chas mtn was born. In Croatia, Gary is a sex symbol in the Croatian Maxim style magazine.
    Iceberg 4/18/06